The Los Banos Science Community Foundation, Inc. (LBSCFI) announces and extends its invitation to celebrate its upcoming 20th anniversary through a humble but informative webinar this 30 March 2021.
Carrying the theme, "Los Banos Science Community: Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic," LBSCFI seeks to combat the pandemic by means of developing awareness among the Los Banos residents and its other participants about the available and approved vaccines, also giving them the opportunity to raise and have their questions answered. A webinar titled "Addressing the COVID-19 Infodemic: Straight from the Experts," seeks to address the battle, which is not just about the sickness, but also the drowning amount of misinformation spread by those who seek to take advantage of the community's panic.
LBSCFI stands true to its conviction as an organization that serves the public, by taking service a step further, realizing the benefits of holding its celebration while participants are at the safety and comfort of their homes. Details of this webinar will be posted on LBSCFI FB Page.
In celebration of its anniversary, LBSCFI also launched the "Spoken Word Poetry" contest which is open to constituents of its member agencies, and institutions within Los Baños, Laguna. This activity seeks to celebrate and appreciate the arts as well. Interested participants must take note of following:
- The spoken word poetry piece must be an original composition, written in Filipino or English but not in Taglish.
- The piece must be related to this year’s LBSCFI Anniversary theme, “Los Banos Science Community: Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic,” and must not contain any malicious and offensive content.
- The author of the piece may opt to choose someone to deliver his/her composition. He/she must come from the same member agency or institution.
- Each contestant must submit a PDF copy of the piece and a 2 to 3-minute recorded video of the delivery of the piece.
- Entries must be submitted via email to
Winning entries will be awarded with cash prizes and certificates. For more details about the Spoken Word Poetry, visit http://bit.ly/LBSCSWcontest.