- Spoken Word Poetry is a performance art that is word based. It is meant to be spoken or recited with emotion to an audience. It is an oral art that focuses on the art of word play, rhythm, improvisation, intonation, and voice inflection.
- The contest is open to all member agencies of the Los Baños Science Community Foundation, Inc. (LBSCFI) or institutions in Los Baños. Each participating agency or institution shall be allowed 1 entry only.
- The spoken word poetry piece must be an original composition, written in Filipino or English but not in Taglish.
- The piece must be related to this year’s LBSCFI Anniversary theme and must not contain any malicious and offensive content.
- The author of the piece may opt to choose someone to deliver his/her composition. He/she must come from the same member agency or institution.
- The spoken poetry may be delivered from memory or with a copy at hand.
- Each contestant must submit a PDF copy of the piece and a 2 to 3-minute recorded video of the delivery of the piece on or before 12 noon of March 18, 2021.
- Sounds, instruments, or musical background is allowed to complement the delivery. No deduction shall be made if the contestant opts not to have a musical background.
- Members of the LBSCFI Information Committee are not allowed to join the contest.
- Winners will receive a cash prize and certificate of participation for the agency or institution.
1st Prize: 10,000 + Certificate
2nd Prize: 5,000 + Certificate
3rd Prize: 3,000 + Certificate
All participants will be given a certificate of participation.
Criteria for Judging
- Message/Content, 40%
- The content of the spoken piece is relevant to the theme.
- The piece has a powerful and meaningful message to the audience.
- Delivery and Performance, 30%
- The spoken piece is delivered from the heart.
- Facial expression, hand and body gestures that emphasize the different elements of the performance.
- Enunciation is clear. Audience can understand what is being spoken.
- Words are pronounced distinctly and correctly.
- Originality, 10%
- The piece must be an original composition by the contestant.
- Number of Likes, 10%
- The performance/entry’s with the highest number of likes until 10pm of March 22, 2021
- Overall Impact, 10%
- The performer’s physical appearance, voice and articulation, dramatic appropriateness, and evidence of understanding all seem on target and unified to breathe life into the piece.
- Total success of the performance, the degree to which the performance has become more than the sum of its parts.
- Positive online comments and or reactions solicited from viewers.